Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bringing The Bits Together

It's looking more and more likely that I will be taking part in the National Three Peaks Challenge.
I attended a meeting of a group that had done the challenge a couple of years ago and we're looking to follow the same training routine that worked for them then.
Following the meeting I've been on a 4 mile walk with the group over the Surrey Downs on Sunday. This coming weekend we're heading to the Brecon Beacons.
For my own training I walked all the way from home to the office on Monday and then back again after work. I'm trying out various apps to see how well they record my progress and whether they are likely to be able to track me for the full challenge and whether I'll need a backup power supply.
I've bought a new waterproof coat, proper walking socks and borrowed wicking shirts, hopefully walking poles will be delivered today.
I intend to go into a little more detail on the aspects of the training and kit in future posts but it most certainly looks like this is happening.

No comments: