Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Personal Best Updates For August 2020

 Seems I've not posted personal bests here since April. Not much improvement but then not much effort put into improving these either. I've mainly been working on consistency and distance rather than times.

Times from August 2020

1km - 5:37
1 Mile - 9:35
5km - 32.46

Times from April 2020

1km - 5:52
1 Mile - 9:35
5km - 33:05

I've been running 8 - 10 times a month, typically twice a week. Added a new route across Horsell Common walking and running with Lance. This new course is around 8.5km and is more flat than the 5km local run though I've not set any personal bests on this route yet.

Despite a couple of problems with Garmin and with Virgin Pulse over the last few months I've still been consistently monitoring steps.

I started using the Honor Band 5 when Garmin had their technical issues, this adequately counted steps and monitored sleeping patterns. At the beginning of August I was unable to synchronise my step count between Google Fit and Virgin Pulse, while investigating the cause of this issue I went back to wearing my Virgin Pulse Max Buzz so as to keep the step count on my Virgin Pulse account up to date. The synchronising appears to be working again now but I've stuck with the Max Buzz. Although the Honor Band 5 is a nicer device it really doesn't give much in the way of shared information with other systems meaning you have to read the data in the format provided by the Huawei Fit app. I've not gone back to the Garmin Vivofit as I'm now cautious about their entire system after their infrastructure was offline due to an apparent cyber attack.

I feel the next big test of my exercise regime will be whether I keep running as rain becomes more frequent.

No comments: