Sunday, November 01, 2020

Well That Sucked

I'm just getting over having had Covid-19. Tested two weeks ago and got the results just after.

The diagnosis coincided with the last of the warm weather and just as the mornings started getting dark so the seasons also haven't promoted wellness.

On the first day I believe that the stress of not knowing along with the start of the illness triggered off a migraine. Normal migraine symptoms of confusion, loss of speech and headache sent me to bed.

The following morning, when I actually got the result, I had woken up aching.

By about three that afternoon I was beaten and had to go back to bed.

That's pretty much how I was for the past two weeks, aching and tired. Popping the odd Ibuprofen, making sure I drank plenty of water.

This of course has meant no leaving the house and no running.

There's lots of people out there being hit much harder by this pandemic than I have been so far but I still feel it's important to take a note now of what happens to me too.

There was that initial feeling of dread when getting the positive test result. The news is full of just figures and information on how to avoid spreading the virus, but nothing much in the way of what to do to look after yourself if you are diagnosed as having it. Should you drink more? Should you wrap up warmer? Should you eat more prunes? With no real guidelines it feels like a lottery as to whether you'll get better and what impact the virus will have. 

No comments: