Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Advent Calendar

utterli-image
December the first was always the true beginning to Christmas for me, no matter how early the shops started pushing it on us.

Mum put up two advent calendars, one for my brother and one for me.



It was only when my wife first spent Christmas in the UK that I came to realise that advent calendars do not appear to be a global thing.



The calendar has a jumble of 25 doors over a Christmas based picture. Behind each door there is a little picture. Typically the last door that you open on Christmas day is a double door with a scene from the nativity or a happy family around a Christmas tree.



There are advent calendars which have sweets and chocolates behind each of the doors.



I did try putting up the chocolate style advent calendars for my children when they were younger. Mysteriously all the chocolates were gone before December 3rd.



After many, many years with no advent calendar in the house I've decided to do something a little different for the Dumbed Down Life web site.



http://www.dumbeddownlife.com/…dvent1.htm



Following with tradition there's a picture with the 25 "doors". While all the doors are visible you'll only be able to open them on the correct day.



Behind each door you will find links, possibly to amusing or interesting web videos, possibly to free games or software.



I've not yet found stuff for all 25 days so not even I know what's behind all of the doors yet!



If you have any goodies that you'd like to share then comment on my Livejournal where the comments will be hidden from everyone but me.

Mobile post sent by Daz71 using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: