Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Car Lives Another Day

Various, unsuccessful, attempts to start the car over the past few days had drained the battery to the point where it would not fire. The HT cables were muddy. Simply cleaning the HT leads and ensuring they were all in their proper clamps got the car to fire a couple of times but not enough kick to keep it going. Got a jump start off the next door neighbour and the engine started.



The car only has to get me over to my brother's house for Christmas and then she's off to the breakers yard. I've come to realise that I'm only using the car because I have it. Dozens of short journeys every week have clogged up the engine and the exhaust system.



Starting Jan 1 I'll be cycling to any local destinations and getting the train when I need to go in to the office.

Mobile post sent by Daz71 using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: