Friday, August 14, 2009

Giving It All Away

The Freecycle experience has been very interesting so far.

First I gave some woodwork tools to a woman who's husband was making beehives from old floor boards.

Next I gave a stack of Sabrina the Teenage Witch books to a very excited little girl.

I answered a "wanted" post, giving a car battery charger to someone that couldn't get their car to start. The same guy then came to pick up some cookery books.

A suited gentleman came to collect a pair of motorcycle gloves and trousers. He told me his whole motorcycle history on my doorstep.

An overbed unit, which I always liked but makes the main bedroom look very small, was collected.

Yesterday a man with his young family turned up for the vinyl records. He was very happy with the stuff that I had from the 60's-80's and 90's. When it came time to leave, his car wouldn't start. With no money to get it fixed he said that this was normal, sometimes it just takes a while. Half an hour later the car started. It being an automatic I couldn't even offer to give it a bump start. I later got an email from his wife saying how happy he was playing the albums.

Today a man came on his bike and took some of Barbara's old clothes, some books and a suit of mine that I bought but never wore.

Added to this I've found various computer related books that I've been able to give to a good home.

It is hard to part with some stuff but with each happy visitor it's getting easier and easier.

Mobile post sent by Daz71 using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: