Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ouch, Ouch Burning Fingers!

Twice this week I've burned my fingers getting something to eat. The first time, shepards pie, under grill, Pirex dish and I foolishly picked it up without oven gloves or a cloth.
Friday I was taking a plate out of the microwave and burned my fingers again! Now I'm sure that I've taken plates out of the microwave before without the need of protection? Sure enough after posting a Tweet about it I went out to the microwave tonight and took out the curry without gloves and without the plate being hot.
I now realise that I normally use the same, trusty plate that I've had for years. It's when I use different plates in the microwave that they seem to trap heat?
Looking at the plate that burned me on Friday I see that the surface is laced with tiny cracks. I'm guessing that these cracks are holding moisture that that gets cooked in the mircowave? My trusty plate is still crack free.
Regardless of which plate I use I really should get into the habbit of using a cloth to pick plates out of the oven and microwave.

Mobile post sent by Daz71 using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: