Friday, March 20, 2020

Not The Top Day!

I said it was going to happen and today was that day! In retrospect I should have checked yesterday what the target was going to be.

20th March 2014 - No data
20th March 2015 - 13066 steps
20th March 2016 - No data
20th March 2017 - No data
20th March 2018 - No data
20th March 2019 - No data
20th March 2020 - 8471 steps

As the phrase goes, on this day in history, March 20th 2015, it appears I walked from home to the station to get the train to work, then in the evening I walked from the station to what appears to be a local petrol station, I'm looking at my "Timeline" on Google Maps, then back home.

Today I just did my 5km lunch time walk that, took me over the 7000 steps but doesn't touch the 13000 from 2015. Thinking back, in 2015 I didn't have my own car so would often walk to the station, walk to the shops and walk in to town. There's likely to be more high step count days from 2015.

Meanwhile the country is locked down further tonight as pubs, restaurants clubs, leisure centres, cinemas, theatres all go on lock down. Many other European cities have banned all but essential street use so it's looking likely that at some point I'm going to have to find a way to keep up my step count without leaving the house! This could mean a lot of step ups on either the stairs or a stool. I really doing want to not make the 7000 steps across March because of this crazy situation. Have to safely and responsibly overcome this hurdle.

Learning from today's mistake, checking historical step counts, previous data shows that I didn't make 7000 so as long as I do my 7000 step goal I'm good.

No comments: