Sunday, April 05, 2009

And Daz Said

utterli-image
"Let There Be Light" and there were lights and they weren't too bad.



We had some Tiffany lamp shades in the hall and on the landing. Heavy, leaded glass shades which hung just low enough that I was forever banging my head on them.

While I like the Tiffany design I did not like these low hanging dust traps.



Today I replaced the Tiffany lights and the bulb on a cable in the living room with simple lamp shades. I also found a replacement light switch as the variable dimmer in the living room did not work well with the low power light bulb.



Taking down the light on the landing I found that the wires were bare and had clearly been sparking since there were black marks along them. Putting up the new fittings not only make them look better but make the house that little bit safer too. Now I just need two more low power bulbs.

Mobile post sent by Daz71 using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: