Monday, January 12, 2009

Current Reasons I'm Not 100% Ubuntu

While I'm using Linux more now than I am Window$ I'd like to iron out the following problems with my installation of Ubuntu.



1 ) Personal Area Network.

I've managed to get access to the Internet for my mobile phone, by sharing the Internet via Bluetooth in Windows, can't yet do this in Ubuntu. This appears to be a common problem with the latest distribution.



2 ) Sound Recording.

The programs which I've found for Linux that enable radio station like sound recordings, mixing music tracks with mic' input, all appear to require a quite powerful machine. The program I have on Windows is quite happy with my old box.



3 ) iTunes.

The title says it all. I have, in the past, bought tracks from iTunes which are protected and will only play on my iPod or iTunes. To work with my iPod I have to keep Windows to keep iTunes. While I have been using Rythmbox it has been a little unstable, especially when downloading multiple podcasts.



4) Webcam.

Not a big problem since I don't use the web cam that often, I'm sure this one would probably be the easiest of the four problems to fix.

Mobile post sent by Daz71 using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: