Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tag, You're It

Using F-spot in Ubuntu I'm able to tag pictures and the tags are then written to the image files themselves. This means that potentially if I move the files to another computer or have to re-install, the tags are still in the pictures rather than in some database. Thing is, I've not yet found any other system that reads the tags that f-spot creates.

Picasa appears to use a database rather that writing the information into the pictures.

If I look at the properties of the pictures within Ubuntu then I am able to see the tags as "Key words", however, when I look at the same file in XP the "Key Words" field is empty.

I'm going to keep tagging using F-spot and hopefully be able to find programs or scripts to read and convert the tags if I'm going about this the wrong way.

Mobile post sent by Daz71 using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: