Monday, January 12, 2009

Scratch Problem Number 5

utterli-image
I now have multiple monitors working correctly under Ubuntu. The problem was that "Nvidia X Server Settings" when run from the System menu does not have sufficient access rights to modify the x-config file. Running from the administrator command line I was able to change the settings and make them stick.



Now my backdrop is 2560 x 1024 and I've downloaded a picture of the shuttle in orbit to fit across the two screens.



Some applications when I click the maximize button fill both the screens, some fill only the screen that they are centered on, not a big problem. Firefox appears to behave as I want it to, only filling the one screen.



Also learned to use CTRL+ALT+Backspace to restart x-win, that saved restarting the whole machine when trying to get the dual screen setup working.

Mobile post sent by Daz71 using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: