Saturday, February 14, 2009

Crossed Paths

utterli-image
When I checked my post this morning I had a note from the post office saying that I had to collect a parcel from the local post office as there was excess payment due.

I thought that this was the phone bracket that I'd ordered, or possibly something from Barbara.

I set up my GPS software and took the scenic route over to the post office after first checking which local areas were not yet covered on OpenStreetMap.org .

When I got to the post office I find it was actually a DVD which C2it had sent me a couple of weeks ago. Seems that a second class stamp is insufficient for sending a DVD in the post. Oh and by the way dad, I like the old Virgin Interactive address label :)

On the ride back I again took the long way home.

My main computer (The Battlebox) is not wanting to play nice, failing to get to the bios start up screen so I am using the work laptop at the moment.

Thankfully because all of my mapping stuff is done online I was able to upload the data I'd collected and map it out.

It turns out that my little detour was just over five miles.

When I got home, I found a parcel on my doorstep. While I was cycling to the post office and back the postman had delivered the bracket to hold my phone on the bike.

I've stripped off the old speedometer that has not been working for a while now. Took off all the cables and sensors and fitted the new bracket.

The phone is held nice and solid on the bike and I'm now able to use that in conjunction with the GPS unit, as a speedometer, compass and route recorder.

I will most definitely be going for a ride tomorrow!

Mobile post sent by Daz71 using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: