Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Get Mapping

Today I got my Blue Next Bluetooth GPS receiver and it's turned my Sony Ericsson W580i into a GPS data recorder. I had to upload the firmware version on my phone to get it to recognise the GPS but once I'd done that it worked like a dream.

I'm using GPSed software on the SOny Ericsson phone, it gives a nice clear display of the regular stuff, direction, speed and/or location. I don't have a data allowance with my mobile account so I'm purely using the phone to log information of where I've been, this is then uploaded to my computer when I get home.

I've been adding some detail to the maps around Priestwood in Bracknell, Berkshire, UK. I hope to be a regular contributor to the OpenStreetMap project.

Mobile post sent by Daz71 using Utterlireply-count Replies.

No comments: